Do you need new eyeglasses but aren't sure which type is right for you? Drs. Darryl Greenwood, Merret Hachem and Rachel Simpson, your optometrists at Linsey Eye Care in Wyomissing, PA, can help you find the perfect pair.
Narrowing your frame choices
With so many frames to choose from, selecting new eyeglasses can be overwhelming. Luckily, it's easy to streamline the process by:
- Considering Color: Which colors complement your complexion and hair?
- Choosing a Frame Style and Material: Do you want plastic or metal frames? Would you prefer small or large styles? Do certain shapes look better than others?
- Thinking About Comfort: It doesn't matter what type of eyeglasses are popular if they're not comfortable. Choose frames that don't pinch or slip when you bend or move your head.
- Evaluating Price: Cost is an important consideration for most people. Fortunately, your optometrist's office offers attractive frames in a variety of price ranges.
You'll need to decide what type of lenses to add to your new frames. Lens types include:
- Single Vision: The lenses contain a single prescription and are used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism.
- Bifocals: Bifocals contain two different prescriptions separated by a visible line. The bottom half of the lens provides clear vision close up while the upper half contains the prescription you need to see objects in the distance clearly.
- Trifocals: Similar to bifocals, trifocals contain three different prescriptions separated by visible lines.
- Progressive Lenses: Progressive lenses contain two or three prescriptions but eliminate the lines.
- Photochromic Lenses: It can be a hassle to constantly switch between prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses. Luckily, photochromic lenses offer a simple solution. The prescription lenses darken when you're in the sunlight and become lighter when you return indoors.
Thanks to our in-office eye lab, you can have brand new glasses in just about an hour.
Are you ready for a new pair of eyeglasses? If your vision has become blurry, or it's been a year or more since you've visited Drs. Greenwood, Hachem and Simpson at Linsey Eye Care, call the Wyomissing, PA, office at (610) 373-2300 to schedule your appointment.